Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Get Set Go

At last I have convinced myself to write something on my first BLOG. Since I created this blog, I was confused what should be the proper lines to start with. Now I realized that giving own introduction is the best thing, where I don't have to be innovative. I can share something about myself which will boost my confidence also.
Hi, I am Kaustav Banerjee, a 24 year old guy from West Bengal. I am now staying in Pune for my job. Really missing my hometown. Other than my job profile I like to engage myself with cultural and social programs.
Aahhhhhhh!! yes I got a real good topic to talk about. I spent all my initial days in Kidderpore, Kolkata. In 2003 we changed our residence to Botanical Garden, Howrah. I thought I would face a lot of problem in finding new friends, and yes that was true. In my new area I hardly found people of my age. Those starting days were depressing. But now I have lot of friends in my new area. Do you know how was it happen. This is all because of one cultural program. :))
Believe me. Actually what happened me and my elder sister thought to organize one cultural program on the day of "Rabindra Jayanti" (Tagore's Birthday). But the main problem was finding kid performers (mature persons are really tough to handle). Eventually we visited every single house of the area and asked if there was any kid who wanted to join our program. We got a huge response. We thought to arrange the program in our terrace, but with these number of participants we had to arrange for a stage. Thanks to Harun Kaku(uncle) who made the stage for us absolutely free. We got lot of support and the program was a hit, rather super hit. Then I found the people in the area are really good and supportive and now I am sure I have a good rapo with them also. We gave our Organization's name "Prayas" . Last year we completed four successful years of Prayas.
oh!!!!! this is too much for today. Sure I will let you know more about our Prayas.
Keep in touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Pics are awesome!!