Friday, March 14, 2008

Yashotsav

Let me share my another experience of cultural event in my organization, where I am working now. This is basically the annual day of my office. But before the D day we have different competition between different group of people. We have drama competition, dance competition etc. I remember we performed in a 15 min skit (script was written on run time) in the semifinal, and for that round we were the champions. I will upload the video of the same. In the skit we had a very nominal make up. However it was all fun.
Other than this skit we had a movie competition. We prepared a movie based on the theme "Inspiring Performance". Some shots of this movie we did outside. For me this was just the first outdoor shooting. Everywhere stopped in their way and asked us..... "What movie you are shooting?" .... "Who is the Hero?"............ "Where is the Heroine"............ "By what time will it be released?" . etc etc etc................. And you don't believe that they were so co-operative. We stopped one auto rickshaw and asked the driver if he can consider for 5-10 min for the shooting. He readily accepted that, and started to make himself prepare for the shooting. It was really hard to say him that he will not going to be the part of the shooting. So we had a fare bit of fun out of this. Do not ask me for the feedback of the movie, I can't explain how we failed in this project, though we learnt from this.

We had lots of fun in the face paining competition also. The team had maximum no of face painted, won the challenge. Though we painted some jem, but there were no points on quality. We lost :D. But it was a great fun to paint some one's face. Actually competition was so tough we were not at all waiting for the permission of the person if he/she wanted to painted his/her face or not. Whenever we saw a face without color, we just painted, just like Holi.

2 comments:

Kaustav Banerjee said...

Surely I will add some more snaps of the same event.

Abhi said...

Hey dude, Nice Article!!!